About Forward Funder

Forward Funder is SIU School of Medicine’s online fundraising to support the mission of the school. 

Still have questions?  See FAQs below or email foundation@siumed.edu

SIU School of Medicine FAQ

Who can I contact with questions about crowdfunding? 

You can contact Rebecca Budde, 217-545-9402 or email or Jacquelyn Donohoo 217-545-8024 or email


What is Forward Funder? 

Forward Funder is SIU School of Medicine’s online fundraising to support the mission of the school.

Where do gifts go? 

Donors are welcome to designate their gift to any designation on Forward Funder. If you don’t see a fund you’d like to give to, call or email us to learn about other opportunities that are available. You can reach us at 217-545-2955 or foundation@siumed.edu

Why should I give annually to SIU School of Medicine? 

Your gifts play an increasingly vital role as revenue from other sources, including state or federal appropriations, have stalled or declined.

Is my contribution tax-deductible?  

Yes! All philanthropic contributions to the institution are tax-deductible as prescribed by law.  

Will I receive a receipt for my contribution? 

Yes! The SIU Foundation will send you a receipt immediately upon finalizing your gift on the site.  

When will my credit card be charged? 

Your credit card is charged immediately upon finalizing your gift on the site.  

What can I do to spread the word about supporting SIU School of Medicine? 

Help spread the excitement by sharing our fundraising campaigns on your social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #SIUSOMGives. If you'd like to become an official SU School of Medicine Ambassador, email us at foundation@siumed.edu.

Will the funds raised be returned if a project does not meet its goal? 

No.  All gifts raised will be deposited in the account for each project regardless of whether the project goal is attained or not.  

Can I send a gift by mail or call the Foundation to support a crowdfunding project? 

Yes. While we prefer online submissions, you can mail or call in donations as well. Our mailing address is 409 W. Calhoun Avenue, Springfield, IL 62794-9666. Or please call us at 217.545.2955.

Who should I contact with questions about my contribution? 

Call Kimberly Hawk at 618-453-4920 or email.  


How do I make a gift of securities? 

Please call Cindy Ciganovich, Investment Specialist, at 618-453-4922.

Are international donations accepted? 

Yes, the institution accepts international gifts via credit card or check.  

What is the institution's Employer Identification Number (EIN), also know as a Federal Tax Identification Number? 

The Institution's Tax ID Number is 37-6024575